2017 Advanced Biomanufacturing Conference
Friday, August 18, 2017 – Saturday, August 19, 2017
Discovery Building, University of Wisconsin-Madison
The inaugural meeting of the Biomedical Engineering Society’s Advanced Biomanufacturing Special Interest Group will focus on highlighting successful clinical implementation of small molecule and protein biologics and translating this knowledge base to overcome challenges in clinical implementation of regenerative cell and tissue therapies.
- Identify industry needs and collaborative solutions
- Discover gaps in current training programs
- Propose areas for future investment
- David Smith, Vice President for Global Business Development, Lonza
- Paul Goodwin, Science Director, Life Sciences, Chief Technology Officer, GE Healthcare
- Deepak Vashishth, Professor and Director, Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, RensselaerPolytechnic Institute
- George J. Christ, Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia
- Krishnendu Roy, Professor and Robert A. Milton Chair Director, Marcus Center for Cell-Therapy Characterization and Manufacturing (MC3M), Georgia Tech
- Mark J. Tomishima, Head, SKI Stem Cell Research Facility, Sloan Kettering Institute
- Michael Yaszemski, Professor of Orthopaedics and Bioengineering, Mayo Clinic.
- Wei Sun, Albert Soffa Chair & Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University
Richard McFarland, MD, PhD, Chief Regulatory Officer, The Advanced Regenerative Manufacturing Institute
B. Lynn Allen-Hoffmann, PhD, Founder/Chief Executive Officer/Chief Scientific Officer, Stratatech & Professor, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Mark Powers, Senior Director, R&D –Cell Biology, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Cheng Dong, Distinguished Professor and Department Chair, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Penn State
- Gang Bao, Foyt Family Professor in Bioengineering, Director, Nanomedicine Center for Nucleoprotein Machines, Rice University.
- Tom Foti, CEO Aldevron
- Susan L. Woodard, PhD, National Center for Therapeutics Manufacturing, Susan L. Woodard, PhD, Texas A&M
- Thomas C. Tubon, Jr., Director, NSF ATE Stem Cell Education Initiative (DUE 1501553), Biotechnology Faculty, Madison College
- Kamal A. Rashid, Ph.D., Director, Biomanufacturing Education & Training Center, Worcester Polytechnic Institute